Store Manager Trainee
We believe that our employees are key to our success going from one store in 1979 to more than 3,000 stores worldwide today. That is why we strive to offer development and possibilities of growing within JYSK, and we also take pride in rewarding engagement and a great effort among our employees. Our three fundamental JYSK Values – Tradesman, Colleague and Corporate Spirit – express the behavior and attitude that we can expect from each other. We trust each other, and we believe in delegation and freedom with responsibility.
For more information, please visit our career page.
Do you want to educate and develop yourself? Are you ready to kick-start your career in one of COUNTRY’s best retail management education programmes? Are you eager to take responsibility of your own store within 10 months?
Then applying for the JYSK Store Manager Trainee program is the right choice for you! 💪
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
You get the chance to join a retail company that offer you an education that ensures you a strong foundation for your further career. We are dynamic and here your inputs get heard, you get involved and your development is crucial to us. Additionally, as JYSK ambassador, you get the following:
- A trainee programme consisting of five weeks of interactive training on all aspects you need to run a JYSK store. With experienced retail and HR professionals coaching you throughout the programme
- An experienced mentor in the organisation available for you and your development need
- During the program, you are hired as a Deputy Store Manager and between the training modules you are working in a Store as one
- Opportunities for own development and own responsibility
- A flexible working schedule to reconcile work, family and leisure time
- 20% discount at JYSK and Lars Larsen Group companies
WHAT THE PROGRAMME IS ABOUT
Our varied program consists of high-quality trainings within leadership, management tools and store operations and is a good combination of practical experience from working in our stores and theoretical knowledge. Generally, you will work and learn in close cooperation with other trainees and great mentors.
- Five modules of one week duration: theory review, cases and role play, group work, team building and training in plenary
- Between the modules you will be trained on the job with assigned Store Manager mentor and you will receive coaching and guidance
- Three exams based on cases
- You can expect a study trip to an exciting city in the UK or Ireland
The ultimate goal of the Store Manager Trainee program is to prepare you for running your own store in the near future.
Learn more about the JYSK Store Manager Trainee Program and meet some of our Store Manager Trainees here.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING
- Commitment to take ownership of your own development, taking full responsibility and making decisions in a dynamic everyday life
- You are a good communicator and able to create a positive work atmosphere
- You are driven and result oriented
- You know how to get things done: You keep a cool head and give direction, even in stressful situations
- You are not put off by physical work
- You enjoy a day off during the week, so you can be ready for our customers and your team during the weekend at work
- You are a skilled seller/retailer
- Experience in leading and motivating and developing a team
IS THIS YOUR NEXT OPPORTUNITY? Apply today!
For any advice or support, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help!
We process applications on an ongoing basis and complete the recruitment when we have found the right candidate. We always conduct interviews - for selected positions you can expect to have assessments and a video interview, where we look forward to hearing about your motivation for the job.
1-2 Years Supervisory / Senior Sales Experience would be advantageous
1-2 Years Retail Experience preferred but not essential